Recommendations on headphones?

Do you guys have any recommendations on headphones? (not headsets)
I’m about to buy a set for around 50€ / 70$.

So just headphones? Hrm.

Can’t go wrong with Steelsound Siberias:
http://www.steelseries.com/us/products/audio/siberia-full/information

3H if you want cheaper (not as comfortable as Siberias):
http://www.steelseries.com/us/products/audio/3h/information

Can not go wrong with Sennheiser 201s either (pretty comfortable, very good sound, any of the 200 series are good. They get better with price obviously. So whatever you feel comfortable with.):
http://www.sennheiserusa.com/private_headphones_wired-headphones_500155

Now, if you don’t want something that bulky, then I recommend this (quality is really nice and they’re durable. I only broke mine for good after a hard crash on a mountain bike at speed.):
http://www.amazon.com/Philips-HS500-Behind-Headphones-Neckband/dp/B00005OTG6/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1246038775&sr=8-16

Sorry for American links - I’m sure you can find them in your location as well though.

~Century0

Thanks for the tips =)
But I won’t go for the siberias because both me and my friend have owned a pair each and both broke within 1 year, we both got new ones but they are broken too now.

Have been looking around for headphones all day now and have come up with some alternatives that I think look rather good and have seem to have decent reputation.

Sennheiser HD465 = 60$
AKG K 512 = 43$
Had my eye on Koss Porta Pro = 34$, however I have my doubts that they will be more comfortable than a headphone that covers your ears instead of pressing against them, even tho the porta pro have an extra “support” above the ear. But they’ve won several contests for headphones in their price range.

I will be using the headphones mainly for my computer but I will also use them for my MP3 player when I’m out. I don’t really care if they are big and bulky, I just want something comfortable with good sound for that price range.

[quote=Quarzi]Thanks for the tips =)
But I won’t go for the siberias because both me and my friend have owned a pair each and both broke within 1 year, we both got new ones but they are broken too now.

Have been looking around for headphones all day now and have come up with some alternatives that I think look rather good and have seem to have decent reputation.

Sennheiser HD465 = 60$
AKG K 512 = 43$
Had my eye on Koss Porta Pro = 34$, however I have my doubts that they will be more comfortable than a headphone that covers your ears instead of pressing against them, even tho the porta pro have an extra “support” above the ear. But they’ve won several contests for headphones in their price range.

I will be using the headphones mainly for my computer but I will also use them for my MP3 player when I’m out. I don’t really care if they are big and bulky, I just want something comfortable with good sound for that price range.[/quote]

Siberias should not be breaking that much unless you busted them yourself. Sennheiser is always a good brand, and very durable. AKG tends to be more of a DJ headset, and thus not very good bass response, at least in my opinion. I’ve not heard much about Koss, but those do not look comfortable at all.

Like I will say, Sennheiser is a proven and trusted brand. I’ve worn them several times, and have had no complaints about them. That would be my choice for a headset.

Now personally, I use http://www.steelseries.com/us/products/5hv2/information but that is about $99.99 USD and they will break if you abuse them. It also has a microphone. Your choice, but the sound is very good if you configure it right. Amazing for gaming as well.

~Century0

At least I don’t abuse my headphones, quite the opposite with everything I buy.
The thing that broke on both mine and my friends siberia the first time were the padding for the ears, they just fell off. Sure we could have glued them into place again but why bother when it goes on the warranty :stuck_out_tongue:
Then when I got my new pair, the right speaker broke after about 8-9 months but no warranty left for this problem. And I only used them a few times a week for my computer, no out on the street with my MP3 player.

Anyway, yeah, the Sennheiser seems to be the ones I will go for, or maybe the AKG 512 if I can find more people that have tested them for a longer period of time. I’ve tested both Sennheiser and AKG in a hifi store and they both deliver what I expect from that price. However I don’t know how they feel after maybe 10 hours of continuous use and if they will stay together longer than 1 year :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=Quarzi]At least I don’t abuse my headphones, quite the opposite with everything I buy.
The thing that broke on both mine and my friends siberia the first time were the padding for the ears, they just fell off. Sure we could have glued them into place again but why bother when it goes on the warranty :stuck_out_tongue:
Then when I got my new pair, the right speaker broke after about 8-9 months but no warranty left for this problem. And I only used them a few times a week for my computer, no out on the street with my MP3 player.

Anyway, yeah, the Sennheiser seems to be the ones I will go for, or maybe the AKG 512 if I can find more people that have tested them for a longer period of time. I’ve tested both Sennheiser and AKG in a hifi store and they both deliver what I expect from that price. However I don’t know how they feel after maybe 10 hours of continuous use and if they will stay together longer than 1 year :P[/quote]

My neighbour’s had a pair of Sennheisers for 3 years that still work like new. And I’ve never heard him complain, so I’m not too worried about that.

~Century0

I’m in love with my skullcandy earbuds. I like how they provide a pretty decent bass for just being earbuds. I was contemplating getting the over-ear ones eventually.