Random continuous crash

Since I switched to v2.0.1 from the old 1.7 I got an odd behavior.
First I installes v2.0.1 and it was running for some time. Some time later I didn’t found the icon in the tray. Some trys later it closed immediadly. So I rebootet and it was running again for an hour or two till it started again.
So I started with a new installation of wp v2.0.1 and after ~4h it closed and I can’t run it again.
The error in the log:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: whatpulse.exe, Version: 2.0.1.0, Zeitstempel: 0x50e1983c Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: whatpulse.exe, Version: 2.0.1.0, Zeitstempel: 0x50e1983c Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005 Fehleroffset: 0x0009fe53 ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x1208 Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01cdea00a6f071bf Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files (x86)\WhatPulse2\whatpulse.exe Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Program Files (x86)\WhatPulse2\whatpulse.exe Berichtskennung: e79fa931-55f3-11e2-8cc7-5cac4cf5bcdf

The information in the log:[code]Fehlerbucket 3335858190, Typ 1
Ereignisname: APPCRASH
Antwort: Nicht verfügbar
CAB-Datei-ID: 0

Problemsignatur:
P1: whatpulse.exe
P2: 2.0.1.0
P3: 50e1983c
P4: whatpulse.exe
P5: 2.0.1.0
P6: 50e1983c
P7: c0000005
P8: 0009fe53
P9:
P10:

Angefügte Dateien:
C:\Users\stephan\AppData\Local\Temp\WERCC5A.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

Diese Dateien befinden sich möglicherweise hier:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_whatpulse.exe_1a509dd4cfafd795613528d0bac3f0a32bc0d994_072fd935

Analysesymbol:
Es wird erneut nach einer Lösung gesucht: 0
Berichts-ID: e79fa931-55f3-11e2-8cc7-5cac4cf5bcdf
Berichtstatus: 0[/code]

So how can I keep track of my keys now?

Can you try to disable the network statistics and see if it still crashes?

Okay disabled the network statistics. I’ll update in some hours to tell you what happend.

turn off wireless networkcard also works to prevent whatpulse crashing. So it is the network part that causes the crash

Similarly, sometimes my WhatPulse just ends its process out of nowhere - it doesn’t inform me of a crash, I simply notice after a few hours that its icon is missing from the notification area (and Task Manager then confirms that the process isn’t present). It was worse in 2.0, as this would happen only a few minutes after opening WhatPulse, so it’s getting better with updates I guess.

I am having exactly the same issues on both Win7 (64bit) / Win8 (64bit). Network stats are probably causing most the problems. (I am not using a wireless card)

My what pulse not even starts or even if it starts it crashes within 1 or 2 seconds… using Windows 8 64bit… not even able to login after its first successful install of version 2.0.0. After release of 2.0.1 this happens (ref: attachment)

Disabling the network statistics solved the problem. But I guess that’s not a solution.
Is it realy a problem of wireless networks. I got no option to disable statisitcs on wireless only. Additionally I didn’t took care of the wireless network during crash times, but I think I was always connected with wireless and wired connection.

I did this and now is working fine… ref: http://whatpulse.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=2008&pid=18350#pid18350

For me, the crash only seems to happen after coming back from sleep. When I wake the computer, WhatPulse goes bye bye. This is on a desktop and laptop Windows 8.

I don’t have network stats turned on because I didn’t even install WinPcap.

I’ve had the same problem happen in my W7 64-bit desktop (no wireless interface). It always happens when my computer has been idle for a long time (I have it set to never go to sleep, only the monitor turns off) but it has happened while I’m working on it as well. I just disabled network settings to see if it happens again, but while everyone seems to point out that it’s the “wireless interface” if it does fix the issue for me, I don’t have a wireless NIC so it’s something else in the network tracking that’s causing the issue.

Today I found my Notebook with WhatPulse not running. Network monitoring was still turned off. It gone silently yesterday during the evening:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: whatpulse.exe, Version: 2.0.1.0, Zeitstempel: 0x50e1983c Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: whatpulse.exe, Version: 2.0.1.0, Zeitstempel: 0x50e1983c Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005 Fehleroffset: 0x0009fe53 ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x1300 Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01cdea876089382e Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files (x86)\WhatPulse2\whatpulse.exe Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Program Files (x86)\WhatPulse2\whatpulse.exe Berichtskennung: 136cfc16-583d-11e2-acd2-5cac4cf5bcdf
I use standby-mode alot. I hardly shut down my computer. So it was still gone today.

Same exact problem here. I’m using mine in Portable Mode and it doesn’t do it on the Windows XP computer at work, only on my Windows 7 laptop at home…very frustrating to have my clicks/keys not count after realizing it hasn’t been running for hours.

After disabling network statistics the program stopped closing and it seemed be working fine for about a week. Then one day I realized it hadn’t pulsed at midnight as I had set it to, I tried to manually pulse but right-clicking and setting it to Pulse, it didn’t. When I opened the main window, the Pulse button was grayed out. I’ve restarted my computer several times and the program still hasn’t pulsed. I haven’t been able to change any settings on it to force it to pulse as of yet.

Uncheck the option “Work offline” - if you hover over the button, it will tell you that option is enabled.

Well I feel like an idiot now… thank you very much for helping me on that :stuck_out_tongue:

2.0.3 keeps crashing on me after several minutes. you can’t really tell if it has crashed because the icon is still there but it just stops counting clicks for me so i guess its not a total client failure. but ive noticed that when it crashes and I’m using the mouse at the moment the cursor movement will lag and then catch up. it still seems to track keys though but very delayed, like the counter won’t increase until about 5-8 seconds after the key was pressed. completely stops tracking clicks though. even takes a couple of minutes to close when i quit the client.

ive tried disabling auto pulsing and even toggling offline mode on and off to no avail. seems to happen even faster if im playing a game. im usually playing SWTOR in window mode coz i like to alt+tab. ive even closed Logitech Gaming Software which i need to enable functionality for my g110 ang g500. don’t know what else to try.