*rage*

So, I have had writer’s block for the last several months and have not been able to write anything worth anything.

Last night I get a sudden surge of idea and I sit down and start clacking away at my keyboard relentlessly.

When I finally finish, hours later it occurs to me to see how many keys I have types.

Oh wait, whatpulse isn’t open. >.<

I typed 44,712 characters, so I’d imagine maybe 5-10% more keystrokes for typos and general on-the-spot corrections. Considering I only average about 10k keystrokes per day, that would have been a pretty good amount for me.

Silly Tozzi, silly Tozzi.

How often do the rest of you do things like this?

I don’t mean to laugh but, hahaha that sucks :wink: If I had to guess it’s happened to QUITE a few people myself included a few times :smiley:

Arglebargle – I’ve been there so many times, it’s not funny!!! D:

I also know of people personally who have lost quite a bit more than that due to ‘saving up’ their keystrokes and getting an invalid token.

But for some reason that wouldn’t bother me nearly as bad, since I could blame it on the program and not on the own incompetence.

[quote=Tozzi]I also know of people personally who have lost quite a bit more than that due to ‘saving up’ their keystrokes and getting an invalid token.

But for some reason that wouldn’t bother me nearly as bad, since I could blame it on the program and not on the own incompetence.[/quote]

Well… incompetence or otherwise, it’s still frustrating! One thing we’ve tried to make sure is that the number of invalid tokens, corrupt files, etc. that cause users to loes stats is kept to a minimum. But… just like saving your essay periodically so you don’t lose everything, you’ve gotta pulse to keep your losses there to a minimum. And sometimes I forget that, too. I hold my breath whenever I pulse over 200k, for example – it takes soooo long to get that many keys pulled together! :o

We need a version of WhatPulse, say 1.7.8.3.3.4.435345.45.3 that doesn’t let people save up keystrokes if they’re connected to a network, and if they aren’t connected then it just annoys them until they connect.

That would make everyone happy until it’s fixed properly :slight_smile:

Yes, RAGE MOAR.

[quote=bobL]We need a version of WhatPulse, say 1.7.8.3.3.4.435345.45.3 that doesn’t let people save up keystrokes if they’re connected to a network, and if they aren’t connected then it just annoys them until they connect.

That would make everyone happy until it’s fixed properly ^_^[/quote]

Can we add a feature that slaps bobL silly? :o :wink: