Program doesn't record keystrokes

Hi all!

Since a couple of days I’ve got a problem with my WhatPulse software. It doesn’t record my keystrokes anymore :(. It does however log my clicks and miles moved. When I tried to pulse this afternoon, I got the (almost famous on this forum :P) ‘Invalid token’ error, but when I requested a new one the Pulsing worked just fine.

Maybe good to know is that I’ve reinstalled my complete system (my own PC, so admin rights) a week ago. It’s running Windows XP SP3.

I’ve tried a re-install of the software, a reboot of my PC, and nothing helps. The strange thing is that it has worked after the fresh installation. And as far as I know, nothing has changed (concerning software) since then :S.

Hopefully someone can quickly help me out of this, so I can restart Pulsing again.

Thanks in advance,
bramos_ditaljanos (also my WP username)

Let me see if I understand this correctly. You installed XP Service Pack 3, then it wouldn’t let you pulse; instead, it gave you the ‘invalid token’ error message. Then, you requested the new token and it pulsed fine? And now it won’t let you pulse anymore, because it started giving you the error message again?

The only thing I can say with certainty is that installing Service Pack 3 would likely create problems with an invalid token, but it should theoretically be fixed by requesting a new token. When I make that kind of update, I just make sure to pulse before installing the update, then request the new token after it’s done - just to be sure. But I guess, I don’t quite understand what’s happening afterward.

On one final note - if whatpulse is giving you enough problems that you need to reinstall it, there is an extra step to take to make sure your problems from the old installations don’t persist. Be sure to delete the old WhatPulse folder before you install the new copy, so you’re absolutely sure that nothing is left over from your old copy - that might be part of the problem.

“Let me see if I understand this correctly. You installed XP Service Pack 3, then it wouldn’t let you pulse; instead, it gave you the ‘invalid token’ error message. Then, you requested the new token and it pulsed fine? And now it won’t let you pulse anymore, because it started giving you the error message again?”

Nope, I’m afraid not. One more time, hopefully you’ll get it ;). I installed XP SP3, and everything worked just like before (on SP2). The keys were logged, pulsing worked, everything. But after a while it didn’t log my keystrokes anymore (I think it stopped doing so after I’ve rebooted my PC). When I tried to pulse the couple of keys I still had on my computer, it gave the invalid token error. I managed to fix that error by clicking ‘Request new token’, but it still doesn’t record/log my keystrokes :(.

“…”

“On one final note - if whatpulse is giving you enough problems that you need to reinstall it, there is an extra step to take to make sure your problems from the old installations don’t persist. Be sure to delete the old WhatPulse folder before you install the new copy, so you’re absolutely sure that nothing is left over from your old copy - that might be part of the problem.”

I’ll try it this afternoon if I can make some time. Schools quite killing me :(. However, thanks for help :)!

“Let me see if I understand this correctly. You installed XP Service Pack 3, then it wouldn’t let you pulse; instead, it gave you the ‘invalid token’ error message. Then, you requested the new token and it pulsed fine? And now it won’t let you pulse anymore, because it started giving you the error message again?”

Nope, I’m afraid you don’t. One more time, hopefully you’ll get it ;). I installed XP SP3, and everything worked just like before (on SP2). The keys were logged, pulsing worked, everything. But after a while it didn’t log my keystrokes anymore (I think it stopped doing so after I’ve rebooted my PC). When I tried to pulse the couple of keys I still had on my computer, it gave the invalid token error. I managed to fix that error by clicking ‘Request new token’, but it still doesn’t record/log my keystrokes :(.

“…”

“On one final note - if whatpulse is giving you enough problems that you need to reinstall it, there is an extra step to take to make sure your problems from the old installations don’t persist. Be sure to delete the old WhatPulse folder before you install the new copy, so you’re absolutely sure that nothing is left over from your old copy - that might be part of the problem.”

I’ll try it this afternoon if I can make some time. Schools quite killing me :(. However, thanks for help :)!

I tried a complete fresh install this morning, and WP is working just fine again! Thanks for helping ;)!

Hoorah! I’m glad it works.

Feel free to post again if it keeps acting up, though!