possible bug on system crash: username obfuscation

I’m not sure if the system crash(es) did it though.

username was converted to: ô²R¿J¡4’Z ú¾É¯ƒô²R¿J¡4’Z ú¾É¯ƒô²R¿J¡4’Z ú¾É¯ƒô²R¿J¡4’Z ú¾É¯ƒô²R¿J¡4’Z ú¾É¯ƒô²R¿J¡4’Z ú¾É¯

computer name was converted to: ô²R¿J¡4’Z ú¾É¯ƒô²R¿J¡4’Z ú¾É¯ƒô²R¿J¡4’Z ú¾É¯ƒô²R¿J¡4’Z ú¾É¯ƒô²R¿J¡4’Z ú¾É¯ƒô²R¿J¡4’Z ú¾É¯

As said in the Local Account Details dialog.
This makes it impossible to pulse.

edit: using windows 7 64bit, latest version 2010-10-13, username: hudludret, administrator, error message: tinypic.com/2jabtxe.png, comodo firewall, avg anti virus.

Image was deleted. Doesn’t matter though. Your account data became corrupt. Log out and back in. You’ll loose all unpulsed data.

yes, this worked.

Per SOP, please attempt to post or describe to us what you were doing prior to the corruption.

~Century0

It’s hard to tell really. I don’t know the exact time of the corruption. The only wierd thing that has been going on is the crashes which doesn’t occur on any specific action. It might be because of my system drive is an SSD. Also the motherboard has integrated graphics that I don’t know if it’s very good supported. That’s the weaknesses I can come up with.

ssd: corsair force series f60
mb: asrock 890GM Pro3

[quote=Grotz]It’s hard to tell really. I don’t know the exact time of the corruption. The only wierd thing that has been going on is the crashes which doesn’t occur on any specific action. It might be because of my system drive is an SSD. Also the motherboard has integrated graphics that I don’t know if it’s very good supported. That’s the weaknesses I can come up with.

ssd: corsair force series f60
mb: asrock 890GM Pro3[/quote]

Okay, so you have been having blue screens of death, or just crashes or whatnot? Any additional info you can give us will help us in the future.

~Century0

ah ok!
complete system halt!
the last time i played some half-life and winamp was caught in a very short loop. maybe a 100 ms loop and the screen turned black with about 20 vertical brown thin lines. keyboard and mouse locked.
when im not using opengl or similar the screen is not altered, but otherwise the same.
i dont know if a drive can cause this. it seems the error should be more central because of the robustness/destructiveness of the crash.

edit:i haven’t noticed anything else that was corrupted

i have encountered this issue as well. Good bye, 320k keystrokes T_T
ah well, it happens. thanks for the step to resolve the issue!

this is interesting!

what similarities or differences does your system have compared to mine?

to fill in im also running a AMD x4 (quad) 2.9 ghz processor

[quote=greyfoxsylux]i have encountered this issue as well. Good bye, 320k keystrokes T_T
ah well, it happens. thanks for the step to resolve the issue![/quote]

Yes, please explain to us anything that you were doing prior to the issue occurring, as well as providing us with your system architecture.

~Century0

i had a new crash shortly after starting utorrent (which i have running now and then). almost all of my torrents are stored on external drives, except 2 torrents! they were erroneously(the data wasn’t there anymore) pointed at the SSD/system drive. i removed them and now running utorrent as much as i can, waiting for a crash.

utorrent 2.0.4 build 22150

edit: mis-pointed torrents was not the cause. nor is it tied to the startup of utorrent.

edit2: had a crash, restarted, and pulsed! latest version 2010-10-29. this could mean the data corruption is not because of the system crashes.

Had same issue, latest version of whatpulse and added note when you get the pulse error the program then proceeds to crash.

win 7 home 64 bit, amd phenom II quad-core @3 ghz, 6 gigs ram, running on terrabyte drive (NOT SSD). It has had this issue since installation since my last pulse from that computer name was in may, and I changed the computer using that name in august. No clue what might have caused that corruption.

On a side note I do wish that you could log out and save your keys. As long as they are only pulsed once and removed from the local file after what reason would you have to not do so? I could see it if someone was trying to ‘steal keystrokes’ so to speak from someone but I dont think this would be a very large issue, or at least I wouldnt imagine so. A bit irritated that I configured it like my other computer and left it to run for past couple of months only to find its not pulsing. Lost several hundred thousand keystrokes in the process, cant say im pleased with that…

[quote=Blighted Outcast]Had same issue, latest version of whatpulse and added note when you get the pulse error the program then proceeds to crash.

win 7 home 64 bit, amd phenom II quad-core @3 ghz, 6 gigs ram, running on terrabyte drive (NOT SSD). It has had this issue since installation since my last pulse from that computer name was in may, and I changed the computer using that name in august. No clue what might have caused that corruption.

On a side note I do wish that you could log out and save your keys. As long as they are only pulsed once and removed from the local file after what reason would you have to not do so? I could see it if someone was trying to ‘steal keystrokes’ so to speak from someone but I dont think this would be a very large issue, or at least I wouldnt imagine so. A bit irritated that I configured it like my other computer and left it to run for past couple of months only to find its not pulsing. Lost several hundred thousand keystrokes in the process, cant say im pleased with that…[/quote]

If you exit the program, it saves your keys and closes the program. Doesn’t log you out, but it does seem to be what you’re looking for…I think?

~Century0