Pie Charts

The Stat Pie Charts showing the percentages from each computer should have an option to be organized by each of the stats

[quote=“stan0, post:1, topic:11678”]
The Stat Pie Charts showing the percentages from each computer should have an option to be organized by each of the stats[/quote]

at first sight it’s quite unclear on what data the new pie chart graphics are based on. similar to the mingled data for the overall team rankings; some secret formula leading to a somewhat esoteric ranking order might be a bit confusing.

i agree, it would make more sense (to me) having the option to choose different pie charts / stats for each category separated (keys, clicks, bandwidth up/down, uptime).

also, pie charts don’t reflect development over time. line graphics could be an interesting option. i.e. development during the last month, with units of 1 day on the x-scale.

for real comparison of team efforts, average values (i.e. avg clicks per user) would tell a different story than the sum of all users (since team size varies greatly). group size does not represent group effort.

kudos once again to the WhatPulse team for a fascinating piece of software with true potential.

Yes I agree they have made some fantastic additions the website/client recently.

Graphs are always a much better way to display data (percents, variations, growth) especially with something like WhatPulse that is heavily number based. Lie graph options as well as pie charts options for the different stats for individual, team and maybe even country would be very cool

With the API now spitting out computer data, it’s easy to do with the google graphs api for anyone that decodes the XML if they have a few minutes. I think the current on-side pie charts are segmented by =sum(keys+clicks).

[quote=“borandi, post:4, topic:11678”]I think the current on-side pie charts are segmented by =sum(keys+clicks).
[/quote]

Right on the spot. It’s currently meant as an ‘percentage of activity’ chart and input covers that the best. (uptime/network activity doesn’t mean the computer is actively used)

I’ll add a dropbox for the other stats to the todo.

thank you!

what do you think about a pie chart for a team and percent by user?

That could very messy. As a user may have max. 20 computers, maybe 5 on average, the average amount of team members is way larger than that.

Is it me or isn’t the mouseover percentage working in Google Chrome?

It’s you. :wink:

I develop in chrome and it works fine.

Alright, probably missing something.

We’ve got the dropbox now, but it isn’t working here in any browser, not even Chrome.

It’s working fine in all browsers…

Yep, looks good now, thanks! :cool: