People with lag-issue wanted!

In order to resolve the problem with WhatPulse lagging on some PCs we need the pc specifications (and maybe help) of users who experience that problem.
These users are currently forced to use the NoLag-version of the client.
Resolving this problem is number 1 on the priority list for the next WhatPulse-Version, so if you have that problem, please post here.

Sure! I’m all for this. Also, if there are specific games/programs that you’re using when things lag (like, let’s say whatpulse lags everything when you’re on WoW, but it’s fine without whatpulse) or that stuff. The more we know, the more we can fix :slight_smile:

The problem existed on both of my machines:

One was:
Athlon Opteron Dublin 2800+ 1.6ghz
512mb ram
40gb 4200rpm hard drive
Integrated graphics
Integrated sound

Current one is:
Intel Pentium D 2.8ghz
nVidia GForce 6600
512mb ram
80gb 7200rpm hard drive
Creative Audigy 4 SE sound card

~Century0
P.S: Everything is fine except when a game is loaded. Lag is only experienced if Whatpulse normal core is open.

My mouse cursor lags when a major program is loading.

Both computers are having these specs
1:Pentium III 800 MHZ and 512 mb ram
2.Pentium Core 2Duo 2.XGHZ and 512 mb ram.
(Not sure of other specs)

Whenever a game or program is loaded like iTunes and games like Warcraft III , It lags the mouse cursor for a little while until the HD finishes loading and it will then stabalize. How did I know? I looked at my HDD light. It is related to Hard Disk loading I guess.

It might be the distance measuring of the program because before that there wasn’t such a feature. It may also be memory leakage.

Hope this helps! =)

[quote=verticalnfinity]My mouse cursor lags when a major program is loading.

Both computers are having these specs
1:Pentium III 800 MHZ and 512 mb ram
2.Pentium Core 2Duo 2.XGHZ and 512 mb ram.
(Not sure of other specs)

Whenever a game or program is loaded like iTunes and games like Warcraft III , It lags the mouse cursor for a little while until the HD finishes loading and it will then stabalize. How did I know? I looked at my HDD light. It is related to Hard Disk loading I guess.

It might be the distance measuring of the program because before that there wasn’t such a feature. It may also be memory leakage.

Hope this helps! =)[/quote]

does the same stuttering occur when whatpulse is not loaded?

It doesn’t when it is not loaded or uninstalled. That was how I narrowed it down to Whatpulse. I had a shock that it even happened to my core2duo that I did a system restore and tried by installing the various programs one by one and when whatpulse was loaded, the mouse cursor just starts to lag.

I’m still thinking it has to do with the distance measuring. It measures how much it moves but maybe when it’s collecting the info or something, it unknowingly lags the computer. Did some research, I actually thought I was having a memory leak.

Hope you guys will find a solution because it is the best and most unique system! haha!

and when you disable mouse distance?

(right click on the tray, and uncheck “Mouse Distance Enabled”)

It still lags. Hmmm…then I must be wrong. Whatpulse has to be totally closed for the lags to stop. I can be your guinea pig until you finish LOL.
Good luck and God speed =)

then will you try to turn off the other options one by one?
(mouse and key counting)

Done that and it still lags. What else do you want me to do?

Tried to see if Whatpulse was the main problem (for my computer). Doesn’t lag when whatpulse is not loaded but lags once I start it.
Did the enabling and disabling of the key counting, mouse clicking and also distance measuring but it still lags. Even if I disable all, there is still the lag. Which means it is not the counting but the program itself? Just a hypothesis.
Need me to guinea pig just reply me. LOL.

just to get everything clear:
first, your pc behaves normal.
Then you start whatpulse, start a program and it lags
you turn all options off, start a program, and pc still lags?

what if you shut down whatpulse, and start another program, does it still lag?

Try the Nolag.exe :wink:

we are trying to find the thing that force people to run the nolage exe :wink:

OK, here is it. If Whatpulse isn’t started,there is no lag. But when it is started, it lags. When Whatpulse is closed,the lag is not there any more. Even disabling the 3 options didn’t help.
Should I use the Nolag.exe? Will it really help? I would rather have an official update. Thanks anyway =)
Need more things for me to do?

[quote=verticalnfinity]OK, here is it. If Whatpulse isn’t started,there is no lag. But when it is started, it lags. When Whatpulse is closed,the lag is not there any more. Even disabling the 3 options didn’t help.
Should I use the Nolag.exe? Will it really help? I would rather have an official update. Thanks anyway =)
Need more things for me to do?[/quote]

thanks, that is usefull information when investigating

Sure no problem. So should I go use the Nolag.exe? Cause I just wish there is a new whatpulse update.

yeah, for now that is the best solution

the lag issue is our number one priority, but since we dont get paid for it, we can’t work 5 days a week on it :wink:

Haha! Take your time! I know how it feels. I too am an admin of something called Zion which uses mIRC to connect Warcraft III games. Something like Battle.net. You could check it out if you have time. I’m also not paid for that haha! So I think I’ll go use that nolag.exe then. see ya.

It’s funny, that we are looking for people with the lag issue and now that I know, that it occurs only while something is loading (and doesn’t lag all the time) I have to say that I have the same problem with the mouse lagging while loading e.g. Photoshop or other big applications.
I never thought that this could be caused by WhatPulse (I thought it’s rather my bad pc).
When the problem was mentioned, I thought affected users have that lag all the time while WhatPulse is running.

@gambler: I’ll be on Skype later that day to discuss the issue.