Old whatpulse users

Do you think old whatpulse users on the servers should be removed?
Something like, if they have not pulsed in over 2 years, they should get removed.
It’ll make the ranking better in my opinion.
I mean, starting with a rank of like - 150,000, then pulsing 2 or 3 times, and your down to 99,000. I don’t know, it just shows there is to many old users who hardly used their accounts anyway.
Discuss?

It already happens, though I am not sure how long it takes.

Oh thats good then. Do you think you would be able to look into that for me? You don’t have to if it wil be a problem, I’m just curious. I know there is a lot of accounts still around from 2006 I believe it is. So it must be after 2 years. I do believe that is a long time, however, whatever they believe thinks work best.

Every account which has not pulsed for 18 months will be deleted :wink:

That’s why teams sometimes have big decreasing numbers :stuck_out_tongue:

So members who have not pulsed in a year and a half then, get removed. I see. Well, there is a lot of members on my team (well, the team I am currently on) who will be getting removed sometime in the near future.

Is this something that takes place automatically?

Edit:
Rank User Name Keys Clicks Last Pulse Location
3 [Username Removed] 9,779,501 1,928,695 2006-04-13 06:17:04 United States

Shouldn’t this person be removed? - Or is it not time enough yet.
Thats what I can’t figure out :frowning:
I’m stupid, I know, please don’t make fun. :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t know if it goes by hand or automatically, but as some people should be removed already and they aren’t I guess it goes by hand…

How much space, or resources, can it take up??? Don’t dump inactive (old) users… It’s a shame. Anyway, it might just happen that someone should come back after a long while (and collecting is a major pain, as we know).

ps.
I’ve been unable to move from ~12000 for, like, (what seems like) forever now.

Removing old inactive members keeps the database clean and leaves room for active competition.

Answers to the removal questions (time etc.) can be founnd here: http://forums.whatpulse.org/showpost.php?p=21863&postcount=4

Old users dont worry me :slight_smile: but cheaters I do worry about. been at rank 700th ± for so looong now XD

Hah, the higher ranks once you hit 1000 take a long time to move up. Just get used to that. :slight_smile:

~Century0

When a user is removed, does it take their keys away from the total?

Thinking on; my team supposedly (though, it must be rounding WAY up, as my Math does not match) has 0.01% of the total keystrokes. I’d like to see this go up someday (though, I’m pretty much the only active person in there), will deleting old members help me on this?

I’m not entirely sure, but I have a feeling the team stats might go away. Wasted may need to confirm this, though.

[quote=Century0][quote=blacktemplar][quote=bobL]Removing old inactive members keeps the database clean and leaves room for active competition.

Answers to the removal questions (time etc.) can be founnd here: http://forums.whatpulse.org/showpost.php?p=21863&postcount=4[/quote]Old users dont worry me :slight_smile: but cheaters I do worry about. been at rank 700th ± for so looong now XD[/quote]Hah, the higher ranks once you hit 1000 take a long time to move up. Just get used to that. :slight_smile:

~Century0[/quote]

Guys, please just don’t purge it. As far as “active competition” goes, type, roll (teh dang mouse) ‘n’ pulse: just like everybody else and eventually, you’ll get there (the stats do increase in this way ;)). :slight_smile:

We do not purge accounts by hand, accounts are purged automatically by the server, but prior recognition is sent to the person saying that if they do not pulse, their account will be deleted.

~Century0

[quote=Century0]Hah, the higher ranks once you hit 1000 take a long time to move up. Just get used to that. :slight_smile:

~Century0[/quote]

I only need approx 4 million keys to be in the top 10. :slight_smile:

ah good. i’m only necro’ing a month old thread… i was scared, cuz it was a two year old thread.

[quote=Century0]Hah, the higher ranks once you hit 1000 take a long time to move up. Just get used to that. :slight_smile:

~Century0[/quote]

It took me a YEAR AND A HALF to go from 1100 to 900. and another several months go get to 874. The almost year long time frame where I couldn’t use WhatPulse because it just would not run on my computer hurt me. I finally got it fix, but I forgot how…

Try being me. Lol. I’m rank 80. I don’t move.

~Century0