Mousekeys not registering, suddenly

1. Which version of WhatPulse are you running?
    – 1.7

2. What is your WhatPulse Username?
    – aMunster

3. What version of Windows are you using?
    Windows 7 x64. The program runs as 32 bit. As such, one would hope that the x64 wouldn’t ruin anything with that.

4. If you are using version 1.6 or higher, are you logged into an administrator account on Windows so that WhatPulse can access Windows correctly?
    – Yes. Administrator account on Windows, and Whatpulse is run with administrative privileges.

5. What error messages are you receiving (if applicable)?
    – None.

6. What programs were you running when the issue happened? VM-ware and certain higher-privilege programs can cause compatibility issues.
    – Firefox, Chrome, iTunes, mIRC, standard stuff.

Note: I just reinstalled Windows about one week ago. Prior to that, Mousekeys registered with Whatpulse just fine, despite me having VMware installed. Everything has stayed the same from before the reformat: Windows 7 x64 both times (fully patched) and Whatpulse version (it is set to check for updates regularly). My external mouse works and is tracked just fine. (One small caveat: the Whatpulse icon does not blink on every left-mouse-click, despite tracking accurately. The other mouse buttons and keyboard are unaffected: one key, one blink)

This is a disability aid, and it’s a standard feature with Windows. I’m completely baffled by two things: 1. why it worked fine before the reformat, and 2. why it (superficially) appears to me that Mousekeys aren’t treated the same way as a standalone mouse as far as Windows is concerned. The problem could be more complicated than that, I’m sure.

Thanks!