MMO account stolen

About 3-4 years ago I started playing WoW and everything was cool, I never visited any suspicious websites and only really used the internet for college work. I then downloaded whatpulse some time ago, only to find out a few days later my game account had been hacked and I couldn’t access it without contacting their Billing dept.

Is it possible some unscrupulous people own Whatpulse to the extent that I should not install this? Furthermore that I cannot install it without getting my account stolen yet again?

Now… it should come to no surprise to you that a staff member here says that WhatPulse is totally safe. :stuck_out_tongue:

But there are places like McAfee Site Adviser, which should indicate whatpulse.org as a safe site. It checks downloads, too.

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/whatpulse.org

So… did you download whatpulse from whatpulse.org or somewhere else? Or is there another possible problem source that might have caused your account to get hacked? (And were any other accounts hacked, or just the one? If it’s just the one, I wonder why the spyware would just focus on WoW and nothing else…)

highly unlikely to be related. Its just not possible with the small application that is WhatPulse to cause this kind of issue.