Looking for a 32-bit friendly linux client version

The current linux client is designed for an amd64 architecture. I’ve managed to install MX Linux on a jurassic-era EeePC 701SD and would like to install some 32-bit-friendly whatpulse client.

1 Like

Most developers are ditching the 32 bit architecture altogether as 64 bit processors are just that common. You will find that almost anything available for Linux is purely 64 bit including the latest version of many Linux distros. Although it may not be the answer you would like to hear you might have to bite the bullet and just get a newer laptop.

1 Like

Today I learnt that some EeePC notebooks were 32-bit.

I fear you’re probably out of luck; as @_Neopolitan said, 32-bit usage of basically anything is almost entirely gone – and to maintain a lot of stuff for 32-bit architectures still somewhat-used is little more than wasteful of time ):

I eventually will buy a 64 bit machine when I can afford one. In the meantime I want to use what I have to learn as much as possible. I’m know there is much more in 64 bits than in 32 bits but still would like, pretty please with cherry on top, to find and install any 32-bit version that will work. Where should I look ?

32 bit is all I have right now.

1 Like

Hi,

It’s not a matter of looking somewhere special; a 32bit client doesn’t exist, we only build for 64bit. I was looking into whether it’s easy to build one, but unfortunately, it’s not. Our deployment process doesn’t support 32bit Linux machines, so I can’t add a build. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like