Linux Beta not counting traffic

Ahoi,
I noticed today that a linux client beta is available! <3

I’m on a relatively fresh Xubuntu 20.04 LTS

With the old setup script, I was able to create the “input” group and now the Client counts input, however the network seems to not work.
Can’t set the cap properties as snap is a readonly filesystem. Is there any trick I need to do?

sudo setcap cap_net_raw,cap_net_admin=eip /snap/whatpulse/current/usr/bin/whatpulse

In the Blog of WhatPulse they typed that Traffic is not yet implemented but will come later :slight_smile:

Haha, yes, you are right! I had tears of joy in my eyes - so they blurred that other article. :smiley:

I actually just downloaded the beta update snap file and figured out myself how to set it up… should’ve read more… :smiley:

Really happy to see progress!

Suggestion for the HowTo Section or the info window of the linux client, one does not need to download and install the software manually for updates.

A simple command is enough and a lot more convenient. Should the software be out of beta it should even work automatically. This of course only works when it had been installed at least once.

sudo snap refresh --beta --devmode whatpulse

on one (relatively fresh) machine I had to add “–amend”

And by the way, just so you guys stay informed, support for network traffic stats in WhatPulse distributed by snap packages is in the works, but this is a really tricky issue + the solution I’m trying may turn out to be a dead end even after majority of work is done, so… Be patient! This will work at some point, just may take some time. :slight_smile: