Kicking users from a team

Hi,

We have just kicked a user from our team, but after this he has rejoined our team so we kicked him again. We can’t find any option to ban a user from our team.

Is it possible to prevent a user from rejoining our team?

I’d say, you might consider setting a password for team.

That is not a solution for this problem, and then again no one other could join without that password.

To my knowledge, I don’t think there’s any way to ban members from a team, although that might be an interesting feature we could consider adding. That being said though, I think WhatPulse staffers would want to avoid dealing with conflict resolution. For example, I’m not too eager to answer emails that ask “Why was I banned from Team Omega?” and so forth. That kind of stuff tends to get messy.

I see your “problem”, however you could make a FAQ item about this saying that when banned from a team you should address the team manager or join an other team. Ofcourse you will get messages from some users, but you could just ignore them (or reply with a default message).
Next I’m asking that the benefit from the kick-option is when a user could simple rejoin. When I kick an user, it means I don’t want him in my team for some reason.

Bump.

Is there any progress on this?

We have (again) some troubles with an user we don’t want in our team, but he is still getting back. I would really want a possibility to ban that user from our team.

Ofcourse that would mean that there would be some complaints from banned users, but a simple solution would be to display message why someone is banned with a possibility to contact the person who have banned him when the user tries to join the team.

Please message me with names and userids.

~Century0

I have sent a message to you

Because this guy is still trying to join our team and we kick him every time, one of our teammembers has come with an other solution: set a maximum of changing teams to once a week.

This is a problem, however I think having a password is acceptable, you just want random people joining your team because it’s #1 :stuck_out_tongue:

Admittedly, a “Ban from team” button would be great, but still…

[quote=sellyme]This is a problem, however I think having a password is acceptable, you just want random people joining your team because it’s #1 :stuck_out_tongue:

Admittedly, a “Ban from team” button would be great, but still…[/quote]
A password is not acceptable, because that password would be readable in a public forum, so that could never be a solution. And we don’t want random people joining our team, we only want people that are part of our community or other ways connected to the Dutch Power Cows :wink:

Eh, from my understanding, we have intentions to overhaul the website sometime soon. Of course, I’m going to use the Blizzard/World of Warcraft definition of soon for you. Therefore, it is in quotes after this block of text to further make it understandable. Regardless, I will try to get wasted to add something of the sort to the team, or perhaps a thing where you can approve members who apply to the team or something similar.

~Century0

Crap, forgot about that…

Maybe I am a blithering idiot.