Key Frequencies (help!)

My “Key Frequencies” always resets when I switch the computer off, when it’s on again it starts counting again. It would be cool if it always counted the keys and didn’t stop counting them when I start my computer again. Am I the only one who has this problem? :confused:

Honestly, I’m quite clueless as to what you’re trying to say… can you rephrase it?

~Century0

[quote=Century0]Honestly, I’m quite clueless as to what you’re trying to say… can you rephrase it?

~Century0[/quote]My Key Frequencies thing, it only counts when my computer is on (this is normal of course).
When I switch my computer off, it stops counting (obviously).
But when I switch computer on again, it starts counting again (this is not normal), it should continue counting the key frequencies instead of starting all over again.

Why does it do this? Why doesn’t it continue counting? What do I do for my Key Frequencies to count normally again?

Are you talking about key frequencies or key presses? They are two very different things.

~Century0

Jaume you don’t need to explain what the program (doesn’t) do when the computer is off, I think that’s where the confusion is coming from.

[quote=Century0]Are you talking about key frequencies or key presses? They are two very different things.

~Century0[/quote][quote=Krobar]Jaume you don’t need to explain what the program (doesn’t) do when the computer is off, I think that’s where the confusion is coming from.[/quote]I’m talking about this:

When I restart my computer, it starts counting again instead of continuing counting.

Okay, so, let me comprehend:

Your chart resets every time you restart Windows? What version of Windows do you run, and are you an administrator?

~Century0

[quote]Your chart resets every time you restart Windows?[/quote]Yes, that is correct, Century0.[quote]What version of Windows do you run,[/quote]Windows 7.[quote]and are you an administrator?[/quote]On my computer, yes.

Do you run the beta or 1.6?

~Century0

[quote=Century0]Do you run the beta or 1.6?

~Century0[/quote]It’s version 1.6.2.1.

So no-one can help me?

@JaumeBG: Did you start WhatPulse with administrator priviledges? There’s a difference between just beeing an administrator and starting applications with priviledged rights.

By the way, i got the same problem. I think this is related to the fact, that applications can’t write to the program files folder without priviledged rights (the keyfreq.bin, which stores the key frequencies, is located there). I wonder, why this file isn’t stored in the applications data folder, which is the correct place for such files.

I installed WhatPulse to get the key frequencies, not only to count the number of keystrokes (which works correctly without priviledged rights for me), so this is annoying. Will this file be moved to the application data folder in the next stable version?