How I fixed Invalid Token Error

Right Click on the W in Icon Tray at the bottom right hand side of the screen, hover over account and log off user. Restart WhatPulse and login. The error was fixed and I was up and pulsing again :slight_smile:

Unfortunately this did not fix my problem.

Which version of Whatpulse are you using (Going to assume it’s the latest version), have you tried requesting a new token? Right click on the Whatpulse symbol and select somthing like “Request New Token”, see if that helps.

If that doesn’t help then try posting some more information such as which Operating System you are using?

Well I’d rather not do that becuase I don’t want to lose my 270k keys and 70k clicks. :frowning:

Ahh I see, not sure what to do then, It might be possible to backup the file that stores all the keystrockes etc; get a new token and then replace the backedup file? No idea if that is possible or would work though :s

It will not work and will most likely result in more problems for him. You can try emailing the file with the bad token to wasted (at) whatpulse (dot) org and then reset your token, but that is still a 50/50 chance.

~Century0

@ AngeloG: What is your WhatPulse username?

YoungScripter (whatpulse.org/stats/users/216268/)

Has there been found a solution to the problem?

I’ve got 101712 keystrokes, 15016 clicks and 5.2miles to pulse :frowning:

I also have this problem to. I can reset the token, but it would reset everything which sux. Also, if you tried to pulse again, it still says invalid token. Although I have my desktop on with the same account as my laptop. This however only started when I loaded the new version of whatpulse and occasionally on the previous version.

Think Ill have to go back.

I wouldn’t keep your hopes up on recovering those keys you still have pending. An invalid token is usually something irreversible, even if the bug is fixed you will have to do a reset and lose your keys.

In any case, resetting the token does not seem to help at all anyway, at least in my case. I already reset my token a couple of times (lost over 350,000 keys that way by now) and always the new token was invalid again. I tried everything including resetting the token, logging the client out, quitting it, rebooting, starting the client again, logging in again and resetting the token again - typed 5 letters and tried to submit, and the new token was already invalid again. Something is seriously messed up in this version :slight_smile:

[quote=Century0]It will not work and will most likely result in more problems for him. You can try emailing the file with the bad token to wasted (at) whatpulse (dot) org and then reset your token, but that is still a 50/50 chance.

~Century0[/quote]

That is whatpulse.wpw?

Yes, but I believe at the moment our administrative decision is that we will no longer attempt to read invalid token whatpulse.wpw. Most of the time, it is not possible to read them and it takes up valuable time on our end, as only wasted can decipher them. It also opens to cheating in some cases, and so on. This problem (Invalid Token) is being worked on at the moment to prevent this from occurring later on in the future.

~Century0

Thanks for this - logging in and out finally fixed my Invalid Token problem!

As I’m set to pulse automatically at 50,000 keys, I’ve lost 200,000 keys as it kept saying I had an Invalid Token despite the fact I had requested a new token and even reinstalled.

At least its back to normal now :slight_smile:

anything further on this? i just turned on an old machine and did a ton of work and would like to pulse those keystrokes but get an, “invalid token” message.

Right Click > Reset Token.