High KPS and CPS.

I recently pulsed on my new laptop, which is Laptop_2 of my computers. Over the period of about 2 months I did 100,000 key presses and 76,584 clicks, yet my KPS shows up as 6.21 and CPS as 4.75, and I don’t know why, as I have definitely not been going at this rate.
Could it be to do with it being the first pulse from that computer?

User ID: 195982

Ah, got it I think. It will be because I pulsed on another computer a few hours before.
If that’s what it is, it would be a good idea to change how the KPS and CPS are recorded; instead of for the account as a whole, for each individual computer.

Yeah, that is why and it’s supposed to be changed sometime in the future. Don’t know when, though!

Couldnt this issue lead to accidental bans?

That’s what I was thinking when I posted it. Although as everyone now has to have their “Computers” section set up, surely they would notice the pulses are from different ones. And it’s not an automatic process, I don’t think.

The bannings aren’t an automatic process - they’re done by hand, as far as I know. I’ve been skimming through now and then to see what kind of obvious cheaters I can find.

When I’m looking at a potential cheater, I’m always trying to give the user the benefit of the doubt. I ask myself, “could this possibly be legitimate?” If I can pull up reasonable scenarios where it would be, I’d leave everything in place.

This is what we generally do:

We’ll start out by deleting obvious cheat pulses. Then, for chronic cheaters, they’ll get their stats totally wiped - I believe they get a warning, too — but I’ve never really wiped anyone completely yet.

The last straw is the banning - the account is completely deleted.

Can accidental bans/deletions happen? Sure. But we’re trying to keep this to a minimum, and we’re constantly looking for ways to improve things. First, we’d like to make it harder and harder to cheat. Then, the tools that the anti-cheat folks need to give them enough of an accurate idea of what’s going on, so they don’t end up deleting legitimate pulses. For example, they’ll be able to tell when someone is pulsing from multiple computers, which would indicate why one pulse comes in at 6,000 keys per second. (Whew!) Of course, if there’s only one profile on the entire account… well… that is something that might look suspicious.

Your profile looks pretty solid to me - I don’t think there’s much of a reason to suspect wrongdoing.

They just delete pulses when they think they aren’t legit. I lost loads of keys and didn’t cheat so you never know…

Well, I hope they dont remove the one I am storing now, because its gonna be a big one :stuck_out_tongue:

What do you mean by big over 100K, over 1mill :D, over 10mill, over 100mill! :-o :eek: :smiley:

Actually, you’re far better off making smaller pulses. That 100 million key pulse has a high risk of getting deleted. Heck, with all the invalid tokens we’ve been experiencing, I wouldn’t EVER let it get that high.

Yeh, the people at the top however, orznorz, freaka etc. They wait for the millions to come in and then make a pulse. Could be one that decides the top position that goes away with a token error. :frowning: