heeelp: It appear your whatpulse.wpw file is generated by a different whatpulse

whatpulse.org/stats/users/173228/

hi: i have a account with whatpulse obiusly… my account is : “sggxp” but today… i have a terrible poblem… i dont now what happend… i want to kill myself…

turn on my pc it happen:

whatpulse

It appears your whatpulse.wsw file is generated by a different whatpulse version then this one. Plese deleted this file try again.

what i can do plese… i “deleted” the file but…say… that i need to log in again… so i lost my types and my clics

plzzz help meeeeeeeeee,

sorry for my bad english im mx :stuck_out_tongue:

Are you using Windows Vista?

nop… i use windows xp professional version 2002 service pack 2

what can i do?.. becose im loosing types xDD

I assume you are using WhatPulse 1.5… if so:

Exit WhatPulse;
Go to where you installed it (usually C:\Program Files\WhatPulse);
Delete the entire WhatPulse folder;
Re-install.

Try that and let me know if it works.

[quote=bobL]I assume you are using WhatPulse 1.5… if so:

Exit WhatPulse;
Go to where you installed it (usually C:\Program Files\WhatPulse);
Delete the entire WhatPulse folder;
Re-install.

Try that and let me know if it works.[/quote]

hiho… it works… but… i loose my 650,000 aprox… on keys and… 180,000 on clics… and its hard :(… so is any other option to “reload” my keys?

ty for your help :slight_smile:

Unfortunately not, sorry!

My suggestion would be to pulse more often or use the built-in auto-pulser (Settings, Pulse every xxx Keys). :slight_smile:

Glad it’s working for you again!

[quote=bobL]Unfortunately not, sorry!

My suggestion would be to pulse more often or use the built-in auto-pulser (Settings, Pulse every xxx Keys). :slight_smile:

Glad it’s working for you again![/quote]

okokok np :evil: but well… i will type MOOOOOORE XDDDD okok ty for all your help…

but… why happend that??? juts… a bug?? or what?.. but well

ty for all again ^^

Unsure really. Quite a few causes for it but it’s hard to figure out what one.

Good luck :slight_smile:

Yeah I got this like yesterday & im on Vista & im after loosing 1,165,000 keys :@, that took me four or so months to get :@ :@ :@, I havn’t deleted the whole folder yet, anyway I can keep them, I just deleted the .wpw file like it said & I still get it. Any help ?

Hey softwaredude,

Windows Vista is an entirely different kettle of fish when it comes to errors like this. We think we know why and the best way seems to be installing WhatPulse to an area other than C:\Program Files. Perhaps install it to C:\Users~YourUserName~\WhatPulse\ instead. Usually resolves the problems around Vista and WhatPulse.

If it doesn’t work get back to me and we’ll try a few other methods.

It worked up until a day or two ago when this message came up, I guess im gonna loose all my 1,165,000 keys clicked :(, I was saving for a big pulse, shit!

If you deleted the .wpw file, the stats are already gone.

Best not to save up for big pulses until 1.6 is released (will resolve a lot of issues). Don’t ask me when :slight_smile:

It may be in my recycle bin, if I install it again, keep that file, and change it with the new one will it work?

Edit: Im going to try it, will give you the results when im done.

Just as a general rule, I wouldn’t recommend big pulses anyways. I’ve seen way too many bugs (I get them myself) that kill enough keystrokes - it’s better to stay small and keep your stats.