Forum To Account Link

No currently on the forum when you click on a persons name you can view there website and there public profile, etc.

But i was looking for a feature were i can view peoples Whatpulse accounts (there keys and click etc) without having to get the whatpulse page up and having the search for there name, which sometimes can be different to there forum name. Anyone mentioned this before?

I think there’s a way to do this - I"m not sure, though. Let me look into this real quick.

Lol its been 3 days :D, whats quick for you? :slight_smile:

Ahhh! I did check quick - and the answer still is no. I just forgot to post silly me

What I was expecting to see was a way to set up custom fields in your profile, which should help to link you to your whatpulse account. If there’s a control in the admin CP for this, I wouldn’t know where it is - or if I even have access to it.

Do you mean custom field whihc would be located next to the yahoo and MSN links, becuase that would be aood place for it. A little Whatpulse sign that links ot you Whatpuse Profile.

[quote=X-Kal]Ahhh! I did check quick - and the answer still is no. I just forgot to post silly me

What I was expecting to see was a way to set up custom fields in your profile, which should help to link you to your whatpulse account. If there’s a control in the admin CP for this, I wouldn’t know where it is - or if I even have access to it.[/quote]

There’s a “User Profile Fields” AdminCP option for controlling (custom) user fields.

No, you can’t locate the field there (except you change the templates), but you can put it on some other locations (“Additional Information” at “Edit Your Details”, all Option parts, …). Although it’s possible to add it using an icon to the postbit, that’s an easy template edit.

Too bad the main site wasn’t integrated into the forum from the start. Doing that now would be difficult. Syncing both databases would be an option, but also a more difficult one.

I just added the new profile field, connected to an icon in the postbit, next to the IM-icons :slight_smile:

Great thank you :smiley: Just wondering though my link seems to be right yet i haven’t done anyhting, how did you manage to link people up that have different usernames on the forums compared to there whatpulse account.

Your team URL is in your signature :stuck_out_tongue:
I did yours for testing :slight_smile:

O wow nice :D, but i can’t check it because the whatpulse website won’t load on any of my browsers. As you said the forum is a different database which might explain why i can get on this.

I apparently don’t have that link in mine - I think that has something to do with permission settings. I saw that you added that field, though. Thanks!

I believe that the forums and the site were connected, at one point - this was back when we were using phpBB. I can’t remember though, so I may need to check my emails to find out.

It would be nice though, your main problem their is trying to figure out what forum accounts belong to which WP accounts. And after thinking about it and the trouble someone would have to go to + downtime makes it less desirable to attempt!

Yeah - that’s pretty much the problem we’re facing. I suppose the best that we could do is to find people who posted most recently and update those profiles, but that would leave a good number of users without a linked account.