Error regarding missing DLL

I just updated to v3.1 and now whatpulse won’t work :frowning: I attached a screencap of the error. I tried reinstalling but it didn’t help. Please help soon, I don’t like not having my stats tracked… :frowning:

Currently having the same issue, done a /sfc scannow in cmd without success, tried reinstalling WhatPulse which didn’t help.
I think it’s something related to all those “Microsoft Visual C++” redistributables, so I’m about to uninstall/reinstall all of them to see what happens.

I also searched my other computer for this dll, and it doesn’t even have it - but WhatPulse 3.1 works fine there, weird!

Alright, uninstalled all the Redist stuff, rebooted, reinstalled WhatPulse which in turn installed Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable (x86) 14.0.23026 and STILL had the same very same error :expressionless:

If I uninstall the one redist that WhatPulse installed for me, and try to run WhatPulse, it says MSVCP140.dll (note: not MSCVCP140_1.dll, if its of importance) is missing. The next prompt says the code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found, the third prompt is the same as the second. The forth prompt goes back to missing MSVCP140.dll, then there are no more.

Finally, the MSVCP140.dll seems to be related to the 2015 version of the redists ( https://www.groovypost.com/howto/fix-visual-c-plus-plus-redistributable-windows-10/ )
I downloaded the install for both x86 and x64 from Microsoft, same issue.

Currently out of ideas, went back to 3.0.

The computer is running Windows 10 Pro x64 build 19042.746 (20H2)

I have the same problem after installing v 3.1

Do you guys have maybe mirror to version 3.0?

Same problem here

IDK about v3.0 but here is the last beta release, which I think is much the same as v3.0
https://whatpulse.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=7894

thanks for the mirror! Will have to use this until it’s fixed

Hi, please re-download the client and try again. There was an issue with a dependency (Visual Studio Redistributable) that might’ve caused above DDL error.