[Edited] Whatpulse does not work with libssl-dev 1.1.0

Greetings,

This has started happening on two different computers both running Debian Testing:

Whatpulse 2.7.1 fails with the message “AES functions not available. Is OpenSSL library present?”

Normally, this seems to be a failure to have libssl-dev installed. I have libssl-dev 1.1.0 installed.

[Edited] I have downgraded to libssl-dev 1.0.1 and Whatpulse runs perfectly again - but to continue counting keystrokes, I had to pulse, then delete my local data files and start afresh.

Jonathan

I’m getting exactly the same issue on Kali Linux. Not much point in reverting to libssl-dev 1.0.1 either because of dependencies.

I’m having the same issue, also on debian testing. The worst thing is that since whatpulse doesn’t run, I won’t be notified when they’ll release 2.7.2 which will hopefully fix the error.

The latest debian version still seems to be used libssl 1.0.0. Same goes for Ubuntu. This means the next client version will still be linked to libssl 1.0.0.

What happens when you symlink the new libssl.so.1.1.0 to the old libssl.so.1.0.0?

Problem i have is when i upgrade Kali OS it installs libssl-dev 1.1.0, will have to see if i can install 1.0.0 alongside 1.1.0 without breaking stuff