Double mouse click count when XMBC is running

When X-Mouse Button Control (http://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/XMouseButtonControl.htm) is running, it appears that WhatPulse records two ‘clicks’ for every one actual mouse click. I noticed this when I upgraded to WhatPulse 2.0, but it may have been going on longer (I honestly have no idea.)

Does anyone know why this is happening? I don’t like to feel like I’m cheating and I can’t live without XMBC, so I’m going to disable WhatPulse until I know what’s going on. My guess is that WhatPulse is recording both the original click (which is intercepted by XMBC) and XMBC’s simulated click, leading to two clicks per actual click. If I exit XMBC, normal 1 click per click behavior resumes.

EDIT: I noticed I was running 2.0 and not 2.0.1 ; I did update and still have the same issue. Added more info below (from “Information to include in your support thread”)

1. Which version of WhatPulse are you running? 2.0.1

2. What is your WhatPulse Username? TechnoGeek

3. What Operating System are you using? Please include the OS Architecture (x86 or x64).
    Win7sp1x64, Home Premium

4. If you are using version 1.6 or higher, are you logged into an administrator account on Windows so that WhatPulse can access Windows correctly?
    Logged in as an Administrator, but not running with elevation AFAIK.

5. What error messages are you receiving (if applicable)?
    No errors, just double-counted clicks.

6. What programs were you running when the issue happened?
    X-Mouse Button Control.

I’m using XMBC, and I’m not having this problem.

I looked into this a little more. Each actual click of the mouse is always counted by WhatPulse, each simulated XMBC click is also always counted. I had left and right buttons specifically mapped to left and right click; setting to ‘don’t intercept’ fixed the issue with those buttons.

Clicking my side button (remapped to middle button) counts as 2 clicks, and the middle button (switches XMBC to layer 2) sometimes counts as one on release, even though it doesn’t do anything. Buttons clicked while holding middle-mouse (remapped to media control keys) each count as one click as well.

Ahhh, that explains why I’m not having this problem.
I’m only changing my side buttons, and I’ve set them to keys that don’t exist.