Does whatpulse work with games?

Just wondered if whatpulse still counted keystrokes etc when playing games, I play a game called Knight Online (Free MMORPG), but everytime I run the game whapulse stops counting.

Not really tried it with any other games but I will and I’ll see if whapulse works with them or not, but I was just wondering.

It should work with any and all games. It works for mine. It’s probably just your computer being strange. Try the NoLag edition of Whatpulse, located in your installation folder, under the name Nolag.exe

~Century0

Yeah, more games has it. Especially games that runs GameGuard.
I think that it thinks it’s a virus but I don’t really care :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, when I play Rakion it also stops counting keys, but it do count clicks and miles :wink:

ill try the nolag.exe one hopefully that will resolve it :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the help, ill tell you if it works or not

– Edit –

Nolag.exe makes no difference, still doesn’t count mouse clicks, keys and mouse miles, but thanks for the help anyway, I’m going to try a different game and see if it works, at least then I can narrow down the problem.

– Second Edit –

Whatpulse works fine with my other games aparently so it must therfor be a Knight Online problem (Or specifically xtrap - the anticheat program it uses). Anyway I’ll look on the KO forums and see if I can find anything, sorry for wasting your time :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t think it’s very often that we get this problem, but people do find that their stats aren’t building up while gaming. I just tested my computer with Maplestory & whatpulse, and it seemed to do just fine, and they’re the ones with the most archaic security rules ever known. They’re the most likely to block whatpulse with gameguard… and yet, it worked just fine.

[quote=c-smith]ill try the nolag.exe one hopefully that will resolve it :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the help, ill tell you if it works or not

– Edit –

Nolag.exe makes no difference, still doesn’t count mouse clicks, keys and mouse miles, but thanks for the help anyway, I’m going to try a different game and see if it works, at least then I can narrow down the problem.

– Second Edit –

Whatpulse works fine with my other games aparently so it must therfor be a Knight Online problem (Or specifically xtrap - the anticheat program it uses). Anyway I’ll look on the KO forums and see if I can find anything, sorry for wasting your time :p[/quote]

All the games I play or played in the past which uses X-Trap also blocked the keys…

I think that it has to do with X-Trap and GameGuard…

Yeah, but GameGuard doesn’t seem to do anything for me. I can still collect keys through it.

Then I think that GameGuard has different types of GG for each game… So probably that one for Maplestory doesn’t block WP because there’s no hack or cheat or whatever that looks like WP (Ok, this looks n00bish, but I am a n00b :P)

Umm… I’m a n00b, too :wink:

GameGuard really blocks WhatPulse :wink:

Check WikiPedia :stuck_out_tongue:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GameGuard

Really? How long does it take for it to kick in and stop logging keys? I seemed to be unaffected, over here.

I dunno :stuck_out_tongue:

But I don’t understand GameGuard, if they look how the crew (wasted, PinkFloyd and all the other programmers and stuff) are, then they need to know they don’t want to do bad things with it :X

So don’t understand why they block it :X

Gameguard is probably configured to look for anything that looks like a cheat program according to a rubric. Whatpulse is probably identified as a cheat program from time to time, and thus, stopped. But it could be that I do something that others don’t - that I usually alt-tab in and out of Maplestory, and maybe it’s as simple as that that it should start working. Or it could be that my security programs are preventing gameguard the same kind of access to run amok as it usually would have. I’ve got a fairly strict setup here, so I have a feeling that might be part of it.

Yes, i’m sure because I also alt-tab/alt-enter alot, but it still doesn’t count…

You guys think that the programmers of GameGuard will let WhatPulse count the keys if I explain what whatpulse is?

I doubt it. They’d probably want a copy of the source code…and so on so forth.

~Century0

That, and they’re really only interested in themselves.

Don’t forget the money!

~Century0

[quote=Century0]Don’t forget the money!

~Century0[/quote]

I seem to only remember the money payable to me, these days… :wink:

Then I won’t try it :+

Lol, you…make money? cracks up

~Century0