Clicking not tracked

Hello guys, I have a problem in windows 7, whatpulse does not seem to track my mouse clicks, but it still tracks the number of keys hit. Does anyone know why this is? And yes, I am using the latest version.

We currently do not support Windows 7 and will most likely not attempt to support it until it is released to the general public, beyond a beta capacity.

~Century0

I’m using windows 7 and had a similar problem, I’m fairly sure it happens because their is a conflict with another program, restarting whatpulse.exe usually fixes the problem, but if not then try closing other applications (you will have to restart whatpulse each time) until it hopefully start recording mouse clicks.

~ Chris

[quote=c-smith]I’m using windows 7 and had a similar problem, I’m fairly sure it happens because their is a conflict with another program, restarting whatpulse.exe usually fixes the problem, but if not then try closing other applications (you will have to restart whatpulse each time) until it hopefully start recording mouse clicks.

~ Chris[/quote]

I use Windows 7 RC1, 64 bit. This seems to occur when I pull out of a full screen game. In this case, it’s Nexuiz.

Restarting WP is just fine, but it seems once a particular program starts to trap your mouse clicks for functions within it, it takes the hook away from WP.

It would seem so, I only installed the RC yesterday so as I havn’t really installed any software yet I’ve had no problems with Whatpulse.

[quote=Century0]We currently do not support Windows 7 and will most likely not attempt to support it until it is released to the general public, beyond a beta capacity.

~Century0[/quote]

Windows 7 has been out of beta for several months now.

Zzz, release candidate, beta, all the same thing. My point is: It is not an official boxed release that is being shipped to retail stores/online stores.

~Century0

Haha, your statement still comes back to haunt you Century0 x).
Maybe you should have left my posts, then more people probably wouldn’t come pushing in the same direction :stuck_out_tongue:

Restarting does seem to fix the issue, and the theory about fullscreen applications seems legit. I just had this issue myself, but I’m not sure exactly what caused it. I’ll see if this happens to me again, and figure out what exactly caused this to happen for me.

And about Windows 7… :stuck_out_tongue: Seriously guys, they aren’t gonna change much in the official release. And besides, it’s a small little error to look into.

Windows 7 isn’t going to be out for quite some time, there are more important things on the to-do list and I just don’t have time to look into something so trivial right now. It’s not just clicking, it’s keys and distance as well - Hardly a small thing I would think.

I can totally agree on that the current workforce should go to solving problems in XP and vista (like mileage problem which I personally have and find most annoying).

However, when most of the major problem are solved I think you should turn your heads to Windows 7 even if it’s still a release candidate (RC). Generally speaking a RC is a program (or in this case a operating system) which is 99-99.9% done. Nothing much at all are going to change when they release the final product in what seems to be December this year.

It wouldn’t hurt to have solved some of the problems in 7 by then because I believe many people are going to buy it (or already use the RC which is free to use for one year) because it’s so much better in almost every way from Vista and XP. Even the school I work at uses Windows 7 in many of their computers since the RC was released.

Yeah I was dual booting between XP and Windows 7 but I was so impressed with it that’s it’s now my only operating system; just have to hope nothing goes wrong :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I love it too :stuck_out_tongue:
Haven’t stumbleupon any major problems with 7 and whatpulse yet, just got the invalid token at first, problem solved when I logged out and in again from whatpulse.

I’ve got a “clicks not counting”-Problem with Vista:

If I use my wacom graphics pad, the mouse movement is counted but not the clicks. I think this might be due to anti cheat measures which do not count clicks triggered software. In Vista there some sort of feature for tablet PCs or alikes that I can’t turn off completely. This feature seems to catch the click and pass it through later but this time it’s not the mouse driver so nothing to record…