ChromeBook - Alternative

Yet again I’ve hit a wall with being able to use WhatPulse on my Chromebook. I managed to install Linux to find I needed the Qt stuff, then I finally emulated that and found I couldn’t run WhatPulse on an ARM processor.

So now I have remote desktop enabled from Google which allows me to run my windows PC right from my Chromebook. But of course, WhatPulse is disabled for counting stats when accessing through a remote desktop. I understand this if I had the software installed on both devices, but it is only on one, can there not be an option to be able to track these keys?

Thanks.

Nope, there can not be an option for remote desktop session counters, as the client cannot detect if the rdp connected host is not running the client. That would kind of be scary.

You have one option; buy me a Chromebook for christmas and I’ll see to compiling it for that gizmojig.

If I wasn’t using mine on a regular basis I would send it over to you. But it’s vital when I’m on the go (trains mostly)

I would personally vote towards a Chrome version as opposed to just Chromebook. Then it would be compatible with pretty much everything, and I really believe it’s technically possible as long as you throttle pulses to avoid hacking. If you did it, I would personally moderate any pulses coming in from the Chrome version and remove any that are dodgy/contact the person etc.

Sure it’s technically possible, but we’ve gone over this in the other thread…Simply throttling pulses (which we do already) won’t undo the damage that opening the client will do.

It’s a big shame. :stuck_out_tongue: