Can't pulsing - error "Pulse timed out"

Hi,

I download a last version after year not-using WhatPulse. Anyway, my account is still here ! :slight_smile: (I’m happy for that). So, I installed latest version from this official site for Windows.

I have PC and Notebook. So I created “Computer and Ntb” account in my account. But problem is this - On my PC WhatPulse working exellent (on pc I have Win Vista Ultimate 64-bit), and on my Ntb (Laptop) doesnt work right… Counthing is well (I have 92k keys AND I DONT WANNA LOSE THEM ! .)) - and if I click on “W” icon → get green circle (or whatever it is) and nothing happend… actualy → after 30 sec. I get the message - Pulse timed out! So - from the Ntb I cant update my rank on WhatPulse site :confused:

So… Any idees? but, i don’t wanna reinstall or unninstall… I would lose this 92k keys… :confused: i dont wont it :frowning:

EDIT: On my Ntb I have Win XP sp3 32-bit

Right click on the whatpulse icon, select “Program Settings”, then select the tab “Program Settings #2” and change the port from 80 to 3490, I’m fairly sure that’s the solution :wink:

~ Chris

[quote=c-smith]Right click on the whatpulse icon, select “Program Settings”, then select the tab “Program Settings #2” and change the port from 80 to 3490, I’m fairly sure that’s the solution :wink:

~ Chris[/quote]

Hi, thank you a lot :slight_smile: I think, it’s working well now, but - if I trying Pulsing now → I get message - I have wrong password…

:smiley: So, I don’t know, how can I fix it. I was tried: Right click on “W” icon → Account > Your local account details > Change password → I writed on “Old Password” my password, what I have now and like a new pw - i try to write same pw… I getting message “Old password wasn’t right” :frowning: uh…

I try with same pw log on WhatPulse.org site - here is working. Sure, on WhatPulse forum I have other pw, whitch I don’t use on main site and on WhatPulse program…

Where is my mistake pls? :confused:

Have you been able to pulse since switching port? The only advice I can give you (which will unfortuantly remove any keys/mouse strokes you have built up) is to right click on whatpulse > Account > Loggoff user, then just restart the application and enter your login details again.

Also, are you using 1.6.2 or 1.6.2.1 (the latter being only available from the forum)?

[quote=c-smith]Have you been able to pulse since switching port? The only advice I can give you (which will unfortuantly remove any keys/mouse strokes you have built up) is to right click on whatpulse > Account > Loggoff user, then just restart the application and enter your login details again.

Also, are you using 1.6.2 or 1.6.2.1 (the latter being only available from the forum)?[/quote]

Ok - I has to log off… and log on… working now :slight_smile:

Thanks for fast help both of you :slight_smile:

Good to hear :slight_smile:

or Account > Your Local Account Details > Change Password >_>