Burning .iso to DVD in Ubuntu

I know there are linux users out there :wink: And I need some help (I’ve posted somthing similar on the Ubuntu forums as well).

I’m trying to burn Windows 7 to a DVD in ubuntu but it doesn’t appear to be working (As in it says that the .iso has been burnt sucessfully but then the DVD appears to be empty?). I tried extracting the .iso which just gave me a .txt file about UDF file systems or somthing so I mounted it using

sudo mount -o loop -t auto file.iso /media/iso

Which worked, and I can see all the files inside the .iso so I know that the file is okay… Just can’t seem to burn it to a DVD?

(I’ve also tried rebooting the pc with the DVD in the tray and bios set to boot from CD/DVD but nothing happens :()

[quote=c-smith]I know there are linux users out there :wink: And I need some help (I’ve posted somthing similar on the Ubuntu forums as well).

I’m trying to burn Windows 7 to a DVD in ubuntu but it doesn’t appear to be working (As in it says that the .iso has been burnt sucessfully but then the DVD appears to be empty?). I tried extracting the .iso which just gave me a .txt file about UDF file systems or somthing so I mounted it using

sudo mount -o loop -t auto file.iso /media/iso

Which worked, and I can see all the files inside the .iso so I know that the file is okay… Just can’t seem to burn it to a DVD?

(I’ve also tried rebooting the pc with the DVD in the tray and bios set to boot from CD/DVD but nothing happens :()[/quote]

Sorry to ask this, but some people don’t pay attention:

Do you have a DVD Burner, or just a DVD Reader?

~Century0

Definatly a DVD burner, I’ve used it on Windows without any problems but It’s sorted now and I think I know what the problem was. Basically I had copied the .iso file across from a different operating system to my external hard drive and was then trying to burn it from my external to the DVD. I’ve just downloaded a new DVD image and burnt it without any problems so I think it was somthing to do with having copied the file?