Ban version 1.4 from pulsing?

I don’t know if this is the case or if it’s been said before but to me it seems that every single “plausible” cheater I can find leaves out miles moved with their mouse.

A bell rings in my head saying that they’re probably still using the old 1.4 version that is way to easy to cheat with. (could ofc be that they all choose not to count it, but I really doubt it)

A long time ago there were talk about not accepting pulses from 1.4 when the 1.5 had been available for download a while. My guess is that this hasn’t been done yet and when or if it is, the amount of cheaters would probably be greatly reduced.

I hate to sound nagging or rude but this cheating problem has been going on for years and years and I have yet to see something done about this except a few users here and there being removed?

Version 1.5 was released with great hope that the cheaters would disappear because of the protections against cheating in 1.5, but if people can still use the old version (which can be found here and there if you want it, if you don’t already have it saved since old times) what’s the point of 1.5 from a “cheater be gone” perspective?

I’m so, so sure I remember someone saying that 1.4 pulses had now been stopped…

Blah, this entire project is looking pretty dead… Not that it is, it’s just looking that way. Needs a new lease of life and a BIG cleanup.

[quote=bobL]I’m so, so sure I remember someone saying that 1.4 pulses had now been stopped…

Blah, this entire project is looking pretty dead… Not that it is, it’s just looking that way. Needs a new lease of life and a BIG cleanup.[/quote]

No, the download of 1.4.9 is blocked, but you can still pulse with it, in fact, it’s more stable then 1.5 :wink:

Oh well. :smiley:

Uhm, Pimmy darling, 1.4.7, not .9. :stuck_out_tongue:

One of the reasons this hasn’t been blocked from pulsing is likely because not all people can pulse from WP 1.5 because of the port change and it should probably be a feature in the next version of changeable ports.

Yeah, that’s what I mean hun ^^

How long has 1.5 been out to the public? I agree, we need to block the previous version pretty soon. That being said, though, I think we should send out an email to everyone before we do that, so people know they need to upgrade soon or lose their stats.

According to http://web.archive.org, the 1.5 beta 1 have been available since august 19th 2006 and it was named beta 1 until november 18th 2007 when the site changed layout (and removed the 1.4.7 version from being downloaded).

So… Anything being done about this? Because I see people with no profiles and mouse milage pulsing every day still.

Just in case you missed the memo, versions LESS THAN 1.5 will be blocked from pulsing in around 4 weeks from the time of this posting. :slight_smile:

So I’ve heard today :wink:

Is there a change log posted somewhere, aside from the update post on the main page? I’ve tried a quick search, but haven’t found anything related.

There isn’t one at all, really. There will be one for future versions though!

Alright, was just curious. Thanks for the quick reply, bobL.