Average Keys per Second

Hi,

Last week I’ve pulsed a few keys from my work pc.
And I went home, en pulsed like 60.000 keys but when I looked at the website it said: AvKPS: 6.09 (or something).
Unlikely:-P
So, does it count my AvKPS between pulses? Even if it are different keys from different pc’s?

So when I pulse 5 keys from my work pc, and I have saved 2.000.000 keys at home, and I pulse, I get a AvKPS of 6020 keys per second?:sunglasses: Awesome, but unlikely…

So, my question is:
Does my second pulse (from 2.000.000 keys) get blocked or something? Because it is impossible to get 6020 keys per sec:-P

Greetz,
DrFurioux

The use of different profiles is to negate this and permit you to be able to pulse from different computers without it blocking your pulses. You couldn’t hit that aKPS from a single computer, but from multiple ones, it is permitted.

~Century0

Btw, as a general warning, it’s not recommended to save up keys for such huge pulses. It’s a fact that computers are unreliable, data corruption does happen from time to time for whatever reasons, and we have too many users crying about having “lost” keys as it is.

Here’s a hint, get yourself a keyboard with no more than 105 keys, then you can’t ever lose more than that :slight_smile:

/facepalm jmrk

~Century0

I have this same problem, it was kind of annoying to get 0.02 AvKPS for a 4,000 key pulse when it actually was 0.7 or 2 KPS. I use two different computers and I fear one day having my pulse blocked even though it shouldn’t…

[quote=Century0]The use of different profiles is to negate this and permit you to be able to pulse from different computers without it blocking your pulses. You couldn’t hit that aKPS from a single computer, but from multiple ones, it is permitted.

~Century0[/quote]Do you mean by “different profiles” actual different accounts? Do you do that? Or do you mean computers? If computers, it doesn’t work; if different accounts, I dislike the idea of having 2 accounts or more when the whole point of WP computers was to be able to type for WhatPulse from different computers (and this error is quite unexpected).

Sorry, computers used to be called profiles. I still use the terms interchangeably. The actual web based kps stats sadly do not separate based on this though. I do believe it’s being fixed soon though. Once again, my definition of soon is as follows:

Also, pulses are never blocked - it may say ‘kps too high’ and force you to wait, but that is only if the kps from that computer are too high. Not based off of the websites kps, if I recall.

~Century0

Does “WhatPulse does guarantee that ‘soon’ will be here before the end of time” mean that every update they can think of and some requested ones will be done before 21 December 2012?

that would assume whatpulse by then would be perfect, which, since nothing in the world can be perfect, would mean whatpulse will destroy the planet.

Therefore, i reserve my right to continue to be a lazy developer, as I want to live until i’m at least 159 years old.

It also seems to imply that he believes the 2012 bullshit.

(And the conspiracy theories are indicating the end of the planet, not the universe, and thus not the fourth dimension.)

Nope. I don’t believe in 2012. And wow, way to get off topic. :slight_smile:

Note it also states Maybe. :stuck_out_tongue:

~Century0