Autopulse has stopped on 14th day of uptime

Running three different PC’s with WP 2.4 and Win7 x64. Different load and different tasks but long uptimes are the same for all of them.

Autopulse is set for 4 hours of uptime. None of those PC’s was autopulsed within last 22-23 hours.

Is it an uptime counter overflow or something more serious? Will help with more information if needed. Thanks.

Auto pulsing is disabled when the client can’t contact the website for a few repetitive times. There was an outage yesterday, which might explain this. Pulse manually and they will resume to auto pulse.

I see - it’s not a bug, it’s a feature ))
but when I cannot reach a certain PC, may a server outage cause that client will be unpulsed forever if not rebooted?

I suppose autopulse should not be disabled, it’s better to delay autopulsing for the next event (+4 hours in my case) just to be sure WP can work fully automated

thanks for help with understanding a client feature :wink:

[quote=“Tamagoch, post:3, topic:13492”]
I see - it’s not a bug, it’s a feature ))
but when I cannot reach a certain PC, may a server outage cause that client will be unpulsed forever if not rebooted?[/quote]

Actually, I believe that Whatpulse isn’t designed for server use and from what I’ve read before it’s in fact prohibited to pulse download/upload stats made by servers.

[quote=“Robby250, post:4, topic:13492”]

He didn’t mention the use of servers for pulsing, just if WhatPulse servers had an outage.

[quote=“Wopian, post:5, topic:13492”]
He didn’t mention the use of servers for pulsing, just if WhatPulse servers had an outage.[/quote]
Well if that’s the case, sorry for the misunderstanding. But he said “if I cannot reach that PC”, from which I picked up that he’s using servers or something like that. Why else would you use Whatpulse on a computer which you don’t use other than collect server data?

well, most of my PC’s running server-style but some of them I left to use for my parents and I don’t want to interfere to their workspace without a critical need… a list of such needs was just supplemented by WP )

As long as your parents have their own account, all is good. If the client on their computer is logged in under your account, I’m going to have to ask you to remove the client from that computer, as having other people generate stats under your account is not allowed. You will get flagged for cheating if it continues.

Read this: http://whatpulse.org/kb/content/1/5/en/are-there-any-rules.html