1.6 Rocks!

Hey guys.

Releasing this version, and using port 80 to pulse and connect is the best thing you could have done.
It should clear up lot’s of issues people were having with connecting and pulsing, and it has cleared up my problems.

The only thing I think should be changed, is the fact that the whatpulse tray icon no longer has a transparent background. At least, on my vista machine, haven’t tested it out on XP.

Keep up this great work, and keep the focus with this new impulse to the whatpulse project!

The tray icon is consistent with the new(ish) WhatPulse logo and if you look really closely, the bottom half of the icon is shaded and the top half is white :stuck_out_tongue: It’s just a single logo now.

Ooh port 80.

So I can close port 3490 in the work firewall now.

I kinda agree with the icon bit. Now, it’s a lovely icon! But I’d love to be able to pick from a set of icons - something that fits with my XP theme better.

Perhaps one logo but with different colours to choose from, a bit like the Last.fm tray icon has.

As I’ve said in another thread, the code for the changeable icons has been removed and won’t be coming back. There will be something better in future versions.

Your decision to use port 80 is not a good solution for us web developers who has installed a server enviroment on our computers to test our work and to let our customers test the applications being developed before they buy the work they’ve ordered.
There is of course a work around so it would still work, so I don’t have so many worries on that subject.

I’ve just installed version 1.6 and in the process of setting it up it just hangs where it says “Verifying account information…” and nothing else happens. So I’m looking forward to when version 1.6.2 gets released.

It’s nice to see some new activity behind the curtains in this lovely project.
Keep up the good work guys :slight_smile:

[quote=Goatie]Your decision to use port 80 is not a good solution for us web developers who has installed a server enviroment on our computers to test our work and to let our customers test the applications being developed before they buy the work they’ve ordered.
There is of course a work around so it would still work, so I don’t have so many worries on that subject.[/quote]

You get a choice in 1.6.2 :wink:

That sounds great… now I’m more excited to when 1.6.2 gets released :smiley: